Sunday, July 13, 2014

Letter. Pool.

I love my job, well, I love my coworkers. Two days ago, I wrote on my coworkers facebook saying happy birthday, and when I went to work yesterday she gave me a big hug! Love all around at the car wash.

Local bands are my favorite thing in the world. Last night I went by myself to see the Unday.
https://soundcloud.com/the-unday
They've been playing around Tucson for a couple years but I've never managed to see them until last night. It was also their cd release party. Fun times. I ran into some people I knew and hung out with them. Erika, the concert master of my symphony was there and we talked. She's an awesome woman. And I knew the opening band, The Missing Parts. I've seen 'em before and they're amazing. The violinist in that band is a friend of mine. Everybody is my friend!

It was 2nd Saturdays. Which is a thing in Tucson, vendors and street musicians and lots of people all get together Downtown and its super fun. I was hoping to run into some friends. Eventually I met up with Ellie, Daniel and James at the Shanty. I've never been to the Shanty, but it was a pretty cool bar. I liked the artwork a lot in the bar. But you usually don't go to a bar to see artwork. You go to drink. But I don't drink, neither does Ellie or Daniel or James. We played pool and chatted and I love hanging out with Ellie, she has the greatest sense of humor. Daniel and James are also super cool. I'm a goofus when it comes to pool. But we had fun anyway.

I was hungry so I convinced us all to go to Lindy's on 4th (this was at about 11:30 pm.) Lindy's is famous for being the best burger in town. The problem is I'm vegetarian, I got a veggie burger, which was actually really good! Great food, great times. We talked about our bucket lists. I don't have an exciting one. I have a lot of violin and piano pieces I want to play before I die. Haha. A bucket list isn't something I think about a lot. It was good for me to think about it. I like it when others have different priorities than me.

The other day, I got a letter from Easton, one of my old missionary companions. There's that certain something about hand written letters that just feels good. I wrote him back today. It's like we're still best friends even though I haven't seen him in a while. And most likely will never see him again. I do miss him though. He's such a good guy. I was super lucky to have him as a companion.

I'm having so much fun everyday. Its crazy. I like it that way because it distracts me from the monotony of everyday. When you get into a monotonous routine it starts to make you feel like you're working way too hard for nothing in return. You may even start to feel like you're chipping away at a marble wall with a rubber mallet. Working so hard everyday and everyday is the same, you're not making any progress. You gotta break out of that sometimes, you gotta explore your community. You gotta high-five drunk strangers on 4th ave, you gotta listen to the freestyle rap under the bridge. You gotta think about old friends and write 'em letters.

No comments:

Post a Comment