Friday, July 25, 2014

one fifteen farenheit

Big day yesterday. Wonderful stuff. First off, I went to the Gilbert Temple. I met Chad there!! I love Chad. He's my best friend. It was really cool to go to the temple with a friend. The Temple is a really quiet place, its nice. Your thoughts are just so peaceful because the environment is so sacred. The Temple is great. I wore my white shirt and tie for most of  the day.

After the Temple Chad and I wanted food. So we're driving around looking for something. We found a Barnes & Noble. haha. It wasn't food. Barnes & Noble is a wonderful place though. Chad and I both like foreign films and cool stuff like that. We looked at the Criterion Collection quite a bit. I ended up buying Chad some birthday presents. Bicycle Thieves. I've never seen it, I told Chad I'd have to borrow it. I hear its amazing. I bought 2001: A Space Odyssey for myself. I haven't seen it in a long long time. It was my favorite movie when I was in 5th grade.

We ended up getting Subway. I got the veggie sandwich. Chad and I exchanged gossipy stories. Of course. Chad and I are super good friends. Like best friends. And we talked about art movies. Wonderful stuff. I met Chad at Eastern Arizona College. We wrote each other letters on the mission. And we went on our missions about the same time. Chad is so smart.

Then Chad and I went to his family's house. That was cool. That whole family is like the perfect stereotypical Mormon family. It's really funny. And we got frozen yogurt with 2 of his cousins. This frozen yogurt place had a chalk board anybody could use. I wrote "Humanitarian aid is never a crime" on it.

I went to pick up my brother Luke at the airport in Gilbert. I LOVE Luke!! We are best friends and we're brothers. He just finished a semester at BYUI (BYUI has funky semesters, like there's 3 a year instead of 2 like every other college) He's super smart. He got good grades in all the crazy classes like computer science and physics. Crazy. But I love Luke. He's into Eastern Philosophy now. Which is super cool. I'm like hyper Western. Luke and I are very different in many ways.
We waited forever for his bags. Some people were getting mad because the bags were taking forever. Luke and I talked. Before Luke's plane got there, I changed into shorts in the airport bathroom. haha.

Then I take Luke to have dinner with Allex. I love Allex. I met her at Eastern Arizona College and she's awesome. Like really really really a cool girl. I used to have the hugest crush on her. Now we're really good friends. We talk about our lives. We talk about politics. We talk about music. I love her. She loves me. The only problem is she lives in Tempe and I can't make it up there all the time. But it was a good time yesterday. She took Luke and I to Cornish Pasties I've never had that kind of food. They gave me mine for free because they messed up my order. I told 'em they didn't have to do that and offered to pay but they said no. Woo hoo! Good Karma to me! haha.

We start driving home about 10 so we get home shortly before midnight. We stopped at a gas station in Marana so I could use the bathroom. For some reason, I really like gas stations late at night.
Such a good day yesterday. I got to hang out with 3 of my favorite people. I'm so lucky.

Tree of Life By Klimt



No comments:

Post a Comment