Wednesday, July 30, 2014

tiny pearls

I NEED to practice my scales. Like, it's a thing. I know I need to, but it's really boring. Man alive. Like I have to be excited all the time. Part of being a violinist is practicing scales. I need to just do it. ah... Probably the biggest sacrifice to serve a mission was the violin. I was a much more serious violinist before the mission. Hmn. I'm gonna work on that.

I went to institute choir last night. That was interesting. Sight-singing helps musicians a lot. I can sing in tune, but I don't have the greatest tone of voice. I liked practice. I guess I'm a part of the choir now and we have a performance on Sunday. I'm really not prepared. haha. Greer was there too. After choir she wanted me to walk with her to get some food. I wanted to, but I had to go to practice.

I practiced for a church musical number with Alex and Luca last night. And it went a lot better than the past 2 weeks but not nearly where I want it to be. I have crazy high notes in that piece and those are hard to play. I like Luca and Alex a lot. They're so cool and nice. It's also really hard to take it seriously because my opera festival is a week from Saturday and I'm focused on that. Also Mozart Concerto in A. I love practicing that piece for some reason. I love Mozart.

Then I went to the gas station. Then I went to a grocery store to buy frozen pizza. I took it to Misha. Yeah, we shared some pizza. I seriously love Misha. We always talk about great stuff. Last night it was philosophies that compete. He used the example of the religious person and the scientific person. I don't know what I thought about it all. I feel like there's room for both philosophies in this world. I'm a super religious person, but I love my scientific friends. I don't think we compete. I don't think our differing philosophies get in the way of our friendship.

Maybe I'm just a non-confrontational person. Which is probably the truth. I pretend everything's alright. haha.

Misha was feeling adventurous. Which I was glad. Usually we just talk about big stuff. This time we went to the pool at midnight. It was so relaxing. We didn't talk about anything. We just chilled. The pool was pretty warm so that was nice. That was something very different. I like different. I've never gone swimming with Misha. It was a completely new experience, I didn't know how to handle it. Or what to think of it.

Bob Dylan



No comments:

Post a Comment