Friday, July 11, 2014

Upon the evening of 10 July 2014

The story goes like this. I had the day off yesterday and my sister and her kids went to the movies in the morning. It was the stupidest movie ever. It was called smurfs 2 and the only thing that made it bearable was my niece and I had this whole making fun of it commentary going on throughout. And whenever some dancey hip hop was played for the soundtrack, we put on our sunglasses and danced in our chairs. I spilled my reese's pieces all over that theatre. Which was super sad. but totally funny. We snuck in the candy because we're misunderstood teenagers that have no healthy outlet for our angst.

I took a nap which is nice. Naps are sacred.

Then it was time for the piano recital. I'm the most uptight snob because I go to these things. Actually that was a lie. People who like classical music are really nice people. So one of my good friends, Shen, wanted to give one of the girls flowers but here's the funny part he was out of town. So I'm like. "Are these flowers because you have a crush on her or something?" I don't know the story. I got the pianist flowers. I was giving the flowers to her and was like "these are from Shen... he says hi"
I'm not even sure if he says hi.

The recital was AMAZING! Prokovfiev and Beethoven. Wowzers. Beautiful stuff. The last piece was like this hyper modern religious jazz thing that was out of place but I loved it. I think the Beethoven was my favorite. Beethoven wrote a ton of piano sonatas and they're all gorgeous.

I invited one of my friends, Misha, but he had walls that needed staring at. So I went by myself. I go to things by myself. I don't know how I feel about it. I like being with people. Lately I've been trying to be more okay by myself.

Because then I went to a movie party. I have this friend named Ellie. She's awesome. She has a movie party every Thursday. This weeks winner was "Boy" an indie movie from New Zealand. I loved it. It was really messed up because it was about these two boys who's father totally neglects them and the only way they bond is with drug dealing. But its a really good movie because the boys are so optimistic and make the whole situation into something magical. I really recommend it to anybody. Some parts were hard to watch because it has children drinking and smoking and discovering sex, also some foul language. But it was a good one.

I'm usually not into movies. I go because I like hanging out with those people. We chat and I like chatting. I like laughing with 'em all. It's nice, we're a whole bunch of good-natured Mormon kids. Ellie usually has pool parties on Saturdays but I can't go because I work on Saturday.

Then I go pick up Misha at 11 pm. I love Misha, he's so insightful and a really good friend and he's super chill. We always have meaningful conversations. Well. We wanted some Nico's Taco Shop and we pull out of his driveway and there's a hamster running all over the neighborhood. We jump out of the car, Misha gets a bucket and it crawls on my foot and I place it in the bucket. We knocked on one door, their lights were still on but they didn't answer the door. It would've been really funny though. 11 o'clock, two young adults knock on your door asking if you lost a hamster. Misha still has it. We named it Petunia Prettypants. Like what do we do? Call animal control or something?

I get home about 1:30 I love my life. Tonight I'm gonna go country dancing. Not sure what to expect. This morning I ate a pound of twizzlers. It was so delicious. But kind of sickening.

No comments:

Post a Comment