Saturday, July 19, 2014

Introducing myself.

I have these beautiful shorts that we spray painted at the institute last night. I was the first one to do it, because I wanted to make sure I had enough paint. Orange and pink and yellow and a touch of light blue. I feel so cool. I'm wearing 'em right now. It was a good activity last night. Painting t-shirts and dancing. I danced way too hard. My back and neck are sore haha.

Before I left for the dance, I practiced dancing with my Mom for like 5 minutes.

I met this guy named Christopher and we went to Nico's Taco Shop. He's super cool. Like he's an interesting guy and very fun to listen to. I met him while dancing. Which is always a funny way to meet people. Jessica came to Nico's too. So did David and Issac. Nico's is a really great place to get Mexican food at midnight.

But yeah saw all my friends and it was great. I'm so lucky to have so many great friends.

So that blind date that was supposed to happen tonight. Well it's not happening. Club Congress is having their annual underwear party at the same time as this concert. Amanda didn't feel comfortable with that. I don't know how I feel about going to an underwear party either. It's gonna be totally hilarious. I'm gonna keep my spray-painted shorts on though.

So maybe I should introduce myself a little bit. I've had this blog for a week or so but haven't done any introduction...
I'm Paul Bird.
I'm Mormon, got home from my mission about 4 months ago
I'm on the Southern Arizona Symphony Orchestra. 2nd Violin.
I love Tucson so much.
I'm not sure what the purpose of this blog is. But I like talking about my adventures, and I like talking about opera and ballet, and I like to write gibberish down a lot.

Favorites:
Music. Björk has been my favorite for most of my life. But I like a few different kinds of music. And I go through phases. I like twelve-tone music a lot.
Movies. Raise the Red Lantern. Persona. Amelie. Andrei Rublev. Chungking Express. (All are foreign films)
Books. Catcher in the Rye by J D Salinger is my favorite. I also like Brave New World by Aldous Huxley, and To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee.
Way to Relax. I like sitting on swings. I like taking walks. I like naps. I like playing Super Nintendo.
Way to have fun. Concerts. Concerts. Concerts. Almost any kind. And I've been to a few different kinds.
Artists. Renoir, Dali, Andrew Wyeth

Goals.
Career. I want to be a Mortician.
Ensemble pieces to play. I want to play Rite of Spring by Stravinsky someday. Philip Glass String quartet no 5. Any Mozart opera.
Solo Pieces to play. Chaconne from the D minor Partita by Bach. The Lark Ascending by Vaughan Williams. Fratres by Arvo Part.
I want to get married and have children
I want to do a lot of Family History.
I want inner peace. Which right now I have.
Snow Flurries by Andrew Wyeth



No comments:

Post a Comment