Monday, July 21, 2014

Haha.

I heard the desperation in his voice when he said "There's nothing there" He was talking about compassion for fellow men. There was NOTHING.
Those emotions are real and raw. You can't fake those kinds of tears.

Yesterday was one of the greatest days in my life. Not that anything really special happened. But it just felt life-changing. Church was fantastic. I really love church, the Spirit was so strong and I love all those people there. Talks were great. I skipped out 2nd hour to go to 5th ward because I wanted to say hi to Aaron. It was Aaron's first time at church and I wanted to see how he liked it. And Aaron is awesome. I ended up not talking to him though, because I ended up talking to a ton of other people. I have so many friends. 5th ward has food after church (they call it "linger longers") and 5 different people were like "get some food and come sit with us Paul!" haha. So many good friends. But I ended up sitting next to the new guy, Ryan S. I like meeting the new people.

I went back to 3rd ward to catch the last hour of church and that was nice. Sonora had mentioned she wanted to go to the mission after church and I was down for that. So like at 4-ish I ask her and she says she can't go because her family's feeding the missionaries. Which she invites me to. People really want me to eat with them. haha.

I had a little time to kill and so I text Laura because I haven't seen her in a while. She and I used to be real good friends. She said I could come over, she even asked if everything was okay. Turns out she was too far away though. Some other time! So then I go spend time with Jessica. Jessica is like my bff. She and I trust each other so much and we laugh together a lot. Her Mom was in town and I lover her Mom too. Jessica and I melodramatically tell each other crazy life stories.

Then it was time to eat with Sonora's family and missionaries. I ended up driving the missionaries. Which is cool. It's nice to talk to missionaries. I miss my mission! Sonora's family is great. We talked a lot about animals. Animals are scary. Like. Octopus are going to take over the world. Like they're the scariest things in the world. I hate octopus. Sonora likes 'em though. The missionaries shared a great message and asked us each about how the gospel brought us joy. It was great.

I go back to Jessica's. There was a few people there to watch the movie Tangled. It was the first time I watched it. It was pretty good. I usually don't like those kinds of movies. Phil was there. Phil is so cool. And everybody likes him. I thought he'd been around for a few years because he seemed so popular. But talking with him, I learned that he's only been here a year, and he doesn't know everyone. Hmn. Well. I'm lucky to know him.

David H was there, Carl was there, Danielle lives there. Fun times. All those people are so nice. Especially Danielle. I don't think I know anybody nicer.
I invited Elida. Elida is the greatest woman in the world. No joke. She and I talked for like an hour in the parking lot. She's my hero in so many different ways. I'm really lucky to know her and have a trusting friendship with her. I shared some things I never share and she was so supportive. I don't even like talking about myself, but it was so cathartic. I felt wonderful. I need to hang out with Elida more. Both of us are optimistic and fun people.
Primavera by Botticelli

No comments:

Post a Comment