Tuesday, July 29, 2014

my bias against psychotherapy.

So. The DMV is the most boring thing in the world. You sit there for 5 hours for something that only takes a few minutes. And when your number finally gets called the lady who helps you is a meanie. DMV people must hate their job. They're gonna send me my license in the mail. I wish they would've just printed it there. All bars nationwide have this new rule that your i.d. can't say "Under 21" So that's a thing. I'm going to need my new driver's license before Saturday though. Club Congress is having a free Steff & the Articles show. Can't wait. While I was there, I texted everybody in my phone haha.

After the DMV, I bought 4 pounds of peanut M&Ms. yum.

Then it was time to hang out with Greer. Greer is in school to become an art therapist so I took her to Solar Culture. That's a cool art gallery. It's a community art gallery, anybody can hang anything on the walls. There was some cool pieces. I like Solar Culture. They used to have a lot of shows there, but not so much anymore.

Then Greer and I went to Shot in the Dark Cafe. We talked about psychotherapy. I know people need it, but I have these biases. I should get over them because biases are bad. (biases are bad... that sounds funny) I think Psychotherapists use weak minded people to confirm their own theories about how the brain works. I think they use convincing arguments to make people believe they fit into the psychotherapists' labels. I don't believe this is cool. And psychotherapists are very smart, so they believe they have the solution to fix a mind problem. I find this dehumanizing. EVERYBODY is different, everybody thinks different, everybody has a different set of circumstances. You can't fully know a person. Not even the psychotherapists with their extensive knowledge of mind problems can.

Greer agreed on some points, but some people still need therapists (although she prefers the term "mentor"). I know some people need them. But I still can't get over my biases. Maybe my mind is a little more open now that Greer gave me a different opinion.

Then it was time to pick up the music. This is a nerve-wracking thing. You see I'm on this orchestra called the Southern Arizona Symphony Orchestra. And Our next gig is the Oaxaca Opera Festival. So I'm an international violinist now. I leave for the festival August 5th. And the performances are the 9th and 10th. In Oaxaca, Mexico. This is the biggest gig I've ever had. So that's a thing. I just got the music from my Orchestra president. We met at the Eegee's on St Mary's. 30 difficult pieces from all the classic operas. ai yi yi. I'm like super excited to be on an orchestra for a whole opera festival, but its a lot of work too.

Then I drive Greer to Family Home Evening. Then I go to a different Family Home Evening. It was okay to split up, even if it was a date. She had to go hang out with Bert later anyway. Oh Bert...
I was supposed to meet David there, but David didn't come, so that was a thing. Annabeth was there though! I love Annabeth. She's a cellist and she's funny and she's beautiful. I like, totally like her. I don't think she likes me though. It'd be nice to go on some dates with her. I talked with her for a while. Talked about music of course.

There was a bum at the institute. Well, he wasn't exactly a bum. He was the kind of guy that had mental problems that prevented him from functioning normally in society. He wandered around town with a backpack and talked to pretty young girls. He started asking people for a ride. I gave him a ride way out east. Not that I do it often, but I like giving bums rides. He was a nice guy really. It was nice that he trusted me to give him a ride. It was a little awkward at times because he'd start sentences he didn't finish and finished sentences he never started. And he was very forgetful. His name is Dean. He asked me if I had a girlfriend. I said no. He said I needed a girlfriend. He had a girlfriend. haha.

I tried to hang out with other people but I ended up going home and watched half of Autumn Sonata, one of my favorite movies. Directed by Ingmar Bergman. I wasn't emotionally prepared for it. It's a very difficult movie to watch. And I fell asleep halfway through.

The Two Fridas by Frida Kahlo


No comments:

Post a Comment