Tuesday, July 15, 2014

date

Last night I went out with Sarah. Which is so funny because I had a crush on her like 8 years ago but never talked to her. We were on the same orchestra for like 2 months. Well, she's awesome. It was the first time I've hung out with her, I got her number from a friend and just asked her on a date. I gave her the option of sushi or Mexican. She chose Mexican. I'm kinda glad, We went to La Indita, a place on 4th ave I've been meaning to try. It was pretty good. I don't know if it was the best Mexican food in Tucson, but definitely worth trying.

We mostly talked about music, but we did talk about homosexuality too. She and I share some views concerning that. Which is super cool. Bringing up homosexuality is always a little scary, because there's still tons of people out there who aren't mature enough to talk about it. I try to be mature about it, and for the most part I have liberal opinions about it. I'll go into that in more detail with another blog post.

Sarah offered to pay half for dinner. I said "no, because I adhere to traditional gender roles" haha.

I could've hung out with her more, and wished dinner didn't end so soon. Church was having a "date auction" which sounded like so much fun and I wanted to go. Sarah didn't. So we parted ways pretty early in the evening. We will go out more though!

The date auction goes like this, everyone writes a blind date that they're willing to throw on a card. Most people put "will treat you to dinner and games" or "mini golf." But one person put "go to art museum." I would've bid on that one, but it was for a guy and that was against the rules haha. We didn't bid with real money, we were given about 50 pieces of candy to use instead.

I offered to take a girl to the El Ten Eleven concert at Club Congress this Saturday. A girl I didn't know won that, Amanda. I'm excited to get to know her.

I lost the bid for this arcade game date. So I bid all my money on this at-the-same-time no-points mini-golf thing like (basically acting crazy in public places) It turns out that it was Greer's date and that is totally awesome. Greer's awesome. I won two other dates by some miracle. The whole thing was super fun. We all had a great time.

What made it good was we bid on the date and not the person. You wrote your date idea and if it sounded like a fun date you bid on it. It didn't say who with until after the whole auction was over.

Then it was time for ultimate frisbee. I don't play games that are athletic so I just hung out. These two people came and joined us and they had no idea who any of us were. They were super friendly and wanted to play soccer. I added the guy on facebook so I could remind him of soccer on Thursday. The Institute of religion always has stuff going on, it's great. Ultimate Frisbee Monday night, Volleyball Tuesday, Family History Wednesday, Soccer Thursday, Fun activities Friday. So you never run out of churchy stuff to do. It's great. I participate a lot and make lots of friends!

I hung out with Danielle M at ultimate for a while she's super cool. Then she went and played ultimate. So I hung out with Genevieve, until somebody called us to the field and wouldn't take no for an answer. But I only touched the frisbee once for the whole hour we played. haha.
My favorite part was hugging all the super sweaty people afterward.

Fila Sin Fin by Juan Genoves

No comments:

Post a Comment