Sunday, July 20, 2014

Jump neck. Diana.

Just the concert I needed. El Ten Eleven. It was beyond amazing. I don't think I could identify the genre. It was like poppy post rock loop music with enormous power and energy. I bought 2 cds. They're better live. Usually when I buy cds I get the performers to sign it but this time I didn't. I don't know why I didn't. I just didn't. If El Ten Eleven comes again I'll see 'em for sure. It was one of the best concerts I've been to lately. Really high energy and skill. For 2 songs the guitarist used a fret-less bass, he instantly got my approval just because of that. Anyone can play bass with frets. Haha. I'm kinda a snob because I play violin. The concert ended at about 10. It was a little early.
 
Club Congress is probably my favorite music venue/club. The underwear party wasn't anything. The concert area is separate from the rest of the club. Out of the corner of my eye I saw a few nearly naked people. Honestly though, its downtown Tucson, that kind of stuff is not shocking in the least. People are crazy and awesome there.

In the afternoon, I picked up Genevieve and Aaron. Aaron is awesome. He's this guy the missionaries invited to volleyball one night and he went and since then he's come to every Mormon thing and some parties. He's a really cool guy. He doesn't talk or laugh much, so its hard to tell if he's having a good time or not. I'm sure he is though. I have a good time talking to him. He's always a good sport when we play stupid games.

Misha and Sonora met us at Club Congress. I hadn't seen Sonora in forever. Which is a total shame because I hung out with her every day for a while there. She's really awesome. I love her politics and attitude and fashion sense. She and I really communicate well, I've trusted her with things I rarely trust people with. Its nice to have that kind of a friendship.

After the show we met with Kacy. Kacy is the most adorable person in the world. She's the sweetest sweetheart and the darling-est cutie-patoot. I need to hang out with her more. She said "AWWW!" and "That's so sweet!" After everything anybody said. haha. Totally adorable. Someday, she'll cut my hair.

All I wanted was water, Genevieve wanted Pizza so we walked to Brooklyn's Pizza on 4th Ave. Its always a fun walk because you see lots of street musicians and artists and drunk girls wearing high heels. Genevieve and Aaron got pizza while Sonora and I walked a little further to get horchata. I got water. haha. We sat and caught up a little. We met back up with Genevieve and them and we decided to climb a parking garage. I got more water.

Walking towards the parking garage, I saw a guy digging through a trash can looking for food. I felt so bad. Everybody totally saw him, and there's tons of people walking all over 4th Ave. I asked him if I could buy him a slice of pizza and he said yes. He sat down until I got the pizza. I waited in line for a while. Kacy said I was such a good Samaritan.
I didn't know if he was really homeless, I don't know if he was really that hungry. He didn't ask me for anything. But I saw a guy looking for food in a trash can and that was enough for me. I bought him a slice of pizza. Then continued on my merry way. Good Karma on me.

We rode the elevator and jumped around in it till we got to the top of the garage. and just looked over the city. When we looked down we all got massive vertigo. It was so scary! The fun kind of scary. I want to find a different garage to climb. It was fun, but I want to find a taller one. I was so tired. The concert was tiring, work was tiring, I didn't get enough sleep the night before. Golly. I was a tired boy. But its fun when you're tired. We all go back to my car which is by the train tracks. We all sat down by the train tracks for a while and just chatted.

We all are in different places in our lives. Each of us are going in different directions, we all have unique and different childhoods and living situations. But we all spent a wonderful evening downtown together.

Diana by Renoir


No comments:

Post a Comment