Saturday, July 12, 2014

Not throw

So cowboy boots were not meant to be danced in. But learning how to country swing dance was super fun. My favorite move was called "the pretzel." I've seen it done many times and have always had a secret wish to do it myself. It always looked too complicated though. Well, I accomplished a goal and learned it. And danced with many a girl last night.
I should mention that this was a young single adult activity at the institute of religion.
A whole bunch of people were gonna go to a country bar and show off our honky-tonk bodonk-a-donks, but last minute everybody decided it was bed time. Which was sad because I wore my boots. And Jessica wore her boots. And we wanted to go dancing.
So we went swimming. Except we didn't because the weather was too scary. So we played board games, except we didn't because we couldn't agree on a board game. So we went to in and out burger, except we didn't because they messed up our order. We decided to make a facebook event page and invite everyone to a party but then not throw the party.

I ended up hanging with Genevieve and KD and I love those girls. We had wonderful conversations about relationships and what to do when people are creepy. And then we talked about how men supposedly have deeper emotions than women. How men have more insecurities. What's great about KD and Genevieve is they're mature and can talk about boys without worrying about gender roles. Like grown-ups should. Some girls always worry about what a girl is supposed to say when talking about boys. Plus, KD and Genevieve are beautiful.

It was really nice talking about my relationship troubles and getting some womanly advice. I need to have deeper friendships with girls. I'll be working on that. I need to have deeper friendships with everyone really. I'm kinda a shallow guy. So I'm wondering if I really feel deeper emotions than women. I know when I play violin I think about technique a lot more than the emotional connotation behind it. I've been told I'm a hyper emotional guy. But the truth is I'm just really immature and irrational.

My legs are sore, but this is no time to rest. I'm going downtown tonight because Tucson is awesome. I have to take advantage of the night life while I can.

Music lately has been Pixies and Clever Girl. Clever Girl is amazing math rock that nobody knows about. I discovered them somehow on the internet. Super good. The album is called "No Drum and Bass in the Jazz Room" Look it up. And everybody knows Pixies.



No comments:

Post a Comment