Monday, July 14, 2014

Turn, slow. Reflections. One Moment.

Yesterday I really got dressed for church. I got so many compliments on my outfit. It made me feel good, because some of the people who said I looked good were people I thought were too cool to talk to me. One girl, Nicole, asked me if I was feeling better, because she remembered last week I was in a bad mood. It's so nice when people notice you, and care about you. Let's hope I can be that way for other people.

I wore a 3 piece grey suit with a funny story behind it. On my mission we had an investigator, Laura, and she had this suit. It belonged to her boyfriend who was exactly my size. The boyfriend went to jail and Laura was done holding on to his things so I inherited it. At some point they broke up, not sure if it was before or after jail. Oh well, I don't exactly care. I look really good in that suit. My sister Christy couldn't get over how handsome I looked. Haha. She and I hugged. I love my sister!

There's those moments where you get really sad and there's no real reason for it. It's just bad vibes and you get sad. Well, happy people get sad sometimes. I was hanging out with Jessica and Alex and Genevieve last night being all engaged in the conversation, but slowly I started to zone out. So slowly I didn't realize it was happening until everything was tuned out. It was weird.

At 10 o'clock I call my cousin Kristin just to say hi. She thought it was weird because I never call. We chatted for a few minutes. It was fun to talk to her. She's such a cool girl.

The greatest things sometimes come in the mail. My sister Leah sent me some cds! Including Leonard Cohen. Man alive I love Leonard Cohen now. I've been meaning to get some Cohen for a long time so it was basically a miracle. I just drive and listen to that modest guitar and those moody lyrics. Then too soon the cd is over so I let it repeat a few more times.

Here's a picture of Billie Holiday


No comments:

Post a Comment